Internship Opportunity at the International Relations Office
The International Relations Office welcomes students to apply for internships. These selective internships will provide successful candidates with a valuable insight into the world of diplomacy and protocol. The internships are unpaid but may count as college credit depending on pre-approval. Eligibility will be determined by the student's college or university.
- Be currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning under programs related to International Relations/Studies and on their Junior or Senior year
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.5 or above
- Have an interest and be enthusiastic in the field of International Relations
- Possess a willingness to learn, display a positive attitude and be highly motivated
- Commit to either one or two consecutive terms of internship
- Submit an email/letter of interest to Sr. International Relations Officer, Ms. Martha Henry, at Martha.Henry@sanantonio.gov. Please also include the following:
- A recommendation from your university, preferably the department chair or dean.
- CV or Resume with professional/work/educational experience.
- Number of hours per week/semester available.
2. Complete a competitive interview process before beginning internship.
Please note that there is a specific selection process involved and not all applicants will be selected.
Other Related Internship Opportunities
Many San Antonio college students have asked about internships with an international or political science focus. Below we have compiled a list of possible internships organized by local, state, and federal level .
Ambassador Program, City of San Antonio (paid)
o Summer internship through City of San Antonio, Department of Human Services
o San Antonio high school graduate or permanent resident of San Antonio
o Complete at least one full year of college
o 2.5 GPA
o (special consideration for applicants attending school out-of-town or out-of-state)
World Affairs Council (unpaid)
o 3 month commitment 12-15 hours a week (6-9 months preferred)
o Must have an interest in world affairs, be fluent in written and conversational English, and possess experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook, Powerpoint)
o fall, winter, spring, summer
o application on website
City of San Antonio, all departments
o application can be found on website
o Applicant must have completed first year of program of study
o Must be able to commit to 12 weeks in spring or fall and 8 in summer
o paid and unpaid internships available
Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
o 200 E. Grayson Street #203
San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
o 602 E. Commerce Street
Free Trade Alliance
o 203 S. St. Mary’s Street, Ste. 130
San Antonio Council for International Visitors
o P.O. Box 6088
Alamo Asian American Chamber of Commerce
o For information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call ( 210)701.1889
Office of the Governor (unpaid)
o Internships available in spring, summer, and fall
o Located in Austin
o Application on website
TX State House (unpaid)
o Variety of opportunities and deadlines
o Mainly in Austin area
U.S. Congress (unpaid)
Contact their Office: (210.821.5024